In a previous course we learnt the basics of letterpress and calcography, and then we applied what we learnt in a practical yet funny exercise: the creation of a visual communication project that included a calendar and an agenda.
The research phase was helpful to understand the "mood" I wanted for the project, and I had a lot of inspiration from the Dada movement and from expressive typography pioneers like Guillaume Apollinaire.
For each month, we created a negative (a "stamp") of its initial letter with mixed materials, and then we printed them on paper. This process was fun and experimental, and with a good amount of patience I had some interesting results.
When the result was as expected, I scanned it and started the composition phase in InDesign.
This project helped me to understand that mixed techniques sometimes make the work more vibrant and "organic".